About Me

My photo
50 something, living with partner in Sunny Spain. Spend my days bowling, crafting & occasionally doing housework.

Sunday 23 January 2011

Strawberry & Banana Pavlova

Yesterday I had a market stall to try to sell some cards & gifts. Unfortunately it was a disaster, the weather was freezing with a strong cold wind. The majority of the stall were of the flea market variety & most of the people walking round were North Africans - could have thought we were in Tunisia. Anyway, by 11 we had sold 2€ worth of stuff & were frozen so decided to give it up as a bad job. It was disappointing but it was obviously the wrong market.
Today I decided it was comfort food to cheer me up, so Chicken supreme, Cheesy mash & cauliflower cheese followed by a homemade strawberry & banana pavlova. Meringue is my favourite but until today I had never made a pavlova. Although the base cracked a bit when I put all the topping on it doesn't alter the taste & will certainly cheer me up.

1 comment:

  1. I completely forgot that you'd posted about meringue - yours looks beautiful, you must share your egg to sugar ratio as I'm still very much in the learning phase!

    ReplyDelete