About Me

My photo
50 something, living with partner in Sunny Spain. Spend my days bowling, crafting & occasionally doing housework.

Friday 2 July 2010

Shopping for Dear Sister

Having seen the photos of my recent purchases, dear sister Lynda let me know she would like some things getting and taking over in August when we brave the UK weather.
Having already got her black shoes in the same style as the 2 pairs she got when visiting .
Today's trip with Marina & Gill was for sandals, handbag and jewellery. First off it was Anti crisis shoe shop where I got Lynda a pair of sandals like my blue ones but in her chosen colour - beige.
Of course I ended up buying 2 pairs of sandals for myself - will post pictures later so Lynda can see if she wants some.  Marina & Gill both got sandals for themselves.
We then decided it was El Corte Ingles time.  Gill and I found some knitting wool on special offer - mine cerise, Gills purple and Gills winter evenings are now organised.
The sales in Spain have now started and unlike UK they have to be at a set time so we stood the chance of more bargains.  The only other purchase in ECI was a funky dress for Gill who is tiny and gets the bargains as the bigger sizes get picked over first.
Then we were off to the Chinese warehouse and first stop in there was a red & black bag for Lyndy loo.
I had gone with instructions to get a lime green necklace and some of the peacock earrings, but true to form I got more than that.  Lyndy is now the owner of a lime green necklace, a turquoise one and a creamy white one which all came with matching earrings, and I didn't forget to get the peacock earrings which are just slightly different to mine.
I didn't get out without getting myself a couple of pressies but those I'll also keep for later.
Having vacated the Chinese warehouse we retired to the restaurant next door for a leisurely lunch and a chat, before making our way home - happy with our purchases and already planning a monthly date.

1 comment:

  1. What a very lucky sister! time is marching on and you'll soon be over with us x

    ReplyDelete