About Me

My photo
50 something, living with partner in Sunny Spain. Spend my days bowling, crafting & occasionally doing housework.

Monday 3 January 2011

Knitting

I have started knitting since Christmas & have made 2 scarves so far. One is a simple knit Chenille scarf with tassel ends.
The other wasn't so simple to do. The wool looks like ribbon but is lace work - you knit into just one side of the strand allowing the rest to open out like lace. As the wool didn't come with any instructions I had 2 abortive attempts trying to work out the best way to make it. Eventually I casted on, 2 needle method using a full ball. I then knitted 10 rows & casted off. I like the finished effect.

3 comments:

  1. Is your lace yarn called Grundl Flamenco? I've not seen it knitted lengthways before but it works beautifully! Happy Knitting x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure - I got it in a Chinese shop only 60c per ball & it takes 10 balls. x

    ReplyDelete